Sunday, August 3, 2008

Painting resumes...soon....

I haven't been on here or painting for some time now. My Dad has had cancer for 15 months and passed away on Friday, August 1st, at 3:15 AM. I have been staying w/ my Mom & Dad for a while, as he has been having a hard time. He's been very weak and needed help getting around and it was a 24/7 effort to care for him. My Mom & I took care of him every second. We made sure that he had everything and anything that he needed or wanted. I never left his side. I walked away from my "life" for him. And I'd do it again in a second! There would never be enough I could do for this man. I promised him that I would take care of my mother, so, that is my new job. And I gladly accept it.

In the end we had Hospice there around the clock. What a Godsend. These people are amazing and made sure that he was comfortable and went peacefully. I thank them with all I have and all I am.

I am home now, and it seems very strange. I feel like I don't fit in here. Maybe it's just the change from the one household to the other. And I am tired. Everything will fall into place. I will be going back to Mom's today to get the rest of my things. (My sister is there now.) Tomorrow we will be making all of the arrangements for the Memorial Service. So, we will have another rough day...but together we will do it.

I hope that I can get enough time to get this painting done so I can submit it to the committee for the art show by August 15th. If not, there is always next year. And other artshows. So, it's all good.

Thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers for my family and myself.

No comments: