Saturday, July 12, 2008

July 12, 2008

Ok, I haven't posted in a few days...but I have been painting. The problem is, what I am painting just hasn't been looking right. Sometimes I feel like I just totally forget how to paint! The dorsel fin was looking like mud, and that is NOT good!! But I woke up real early again today and fixed that. And then there's the tail... Well, it is the farthest thing from you, so it's supposed to be fading into the background. But the way it looks, it just looks like I made the tail shaped wrong. I know that a French Angel does not have a split tail that goes to 2 points, it has a solid squared off tail w/ rounded corners...if I paint it to look like that, it's just too much detail and brings it too far forward. So then it looks like it's curving towards the front. And that aint right!! I know I'll get it, but it just drives me nuts when I can't figure out how to get it right. That's what I mean by "I forget how to paint." Yes, I do realize that I think TOO much!!!

I will get this done, there's not that much left to do. Maybe 2-3 hours worth....if I stop thinking too much!!LOL

THANK YOU to everyone for your comments. That really helps me.

No comments: